These are a great healthy snack option, easy to make with some great macros. I picked up a great deal over at Muscle Food on the cod by using a discount code for Muscle Food from www.thefitnessrecipes.com.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes Yield: 4 Servings
2 white flaky fish fillets such as cod
1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated Taco boat toppings of choice
1⁄4 cup oil
1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 lb fresh tomatoes, diced
1 cup white onion, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon each garlic & onion, minced
1 jalapeño or adjust to taste
1⁄4 cup EVOO and Sea salt to taste
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour into a large zip lock bag.
- Add the fish filets to the bag with the marinade and allow marinating for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Make salsa by mixing tomatoes, oregano, minced garlic, jalapeno, minced onion and salt in a blender.
- Warm oil in frying pan and saute onions, then increase heat and pour salsa in. Mix well.
- The mixture will start to change consistency and turn to a more orange color. Reduce heat and simmer over low.
- Prepare fish by warming a frying pan over medium heat and cook undisturbed for a few minutes until fillet easily moves without any effort. Place a cover over the pan to steam or continue frying until cooked throughout, flipping once.
- Transfer fish to a serving bowl and using a fork break into small chunks. Prepare the fish boat by placing a spoonful of fish topped with salsa and add toppings of choice into a Boston lettuce wrap.
Per Serving: 325 calories, 21g fat, 12g carbs, 22.5 protein